The Master of the Lodge of Light, Worshipful Brother Ioan Necsa presenting a cheque for $600 to the Vice President of Thames Coastguard Stephen Russek in the lodge room at Thames to assist with the repair of their damaged rescue craft

The Lodge of Light

An early institution in Thames was the Masonic Lodge, formed in 1870 by men involved in mining, engineering, planning, commerce and administration in Thames.
The Lodge of Light has met continually monthly since for 150 years, and has donated thousands of dollars over the years, to Thames Hospital, St John, Manaaki Centre, local schools, individuals, Fire Brigade, Search and Rescue etc.
In the UK, Masonic lodges are the second biggest donors to society, after Lotto.
In the US it is into hundreds of millions of dollars annually.

Men’s and Women’s Masonic lodges around the world strive to make people better members of the society in which they live.
Ron Agnew
Secretary, Lodge of lIGHT 4541c
PO Box 400 Thames 3540
07 868 6888  027 45 88 200

On Saturday 28th March the Lodge of Light will be celebrating 150 years of service to Thames.
Recent donations include $600 to Thames Coastguard
and $1,000 will be spent to put a memorial seat under the Norfolk pines in Kuranui Bay Reserve shortly
to mark this event.

Corinthian Lodge
No. 1655.E.C

The Corinthian Lodge, No. 1655, under the United Grand Lodge of England, was founded on the fifth day of October 1876 and consecrated on Thursday the 16th November 1876 at the Masonic Hall, Queen Street Thames, by W Bro. M.S. Leers, P.M. No. 942 Deputy District Grand Master, pro tem, assisted by W.Bro G.S. Graham, P.M. No 689 as D.S.G.W. and W.Bro. W.R. Robinson as D.J.D.W., W.Bro. Edward Thomas Wildman, P.M. No. 927 E.C., being the first Master.
The names of the Brethren who signed the Charter were E.T. Wildman, Louis Ehrenfried (a brewer), Henry Goldsmith, Alexander Aiten, Edwin Wise Hollis, Alfred George Horton,
(a newspaper publisher), John Edwin MacDonald and others.
The Charter dated 23rd November, 1876 received from the
United Grand Lodge of England, was signed by Skelmersdale, D.G.M. and John Hervey, G.S.
The monthly meetings of the Corinthian Lodge have been held regularly ever since without a break. In the year 1928 the building in Martha Street was completed and the Lodge shifted from the Masonic Hall, Queen Street to the new temple.
During the first year of its existence the Lodge was under the jurisdiction of the District Grand Lodge for the North Island of New Zealand, headquarters at Wellington but in 1877 District Grand Lodge of Auckland was founded and consequently it came under the latter's jurisdiction, until the District Grand Lodge of North Island New Zealand was again formed.

Interested in Freemasonry or joining the Corinthian Lodge?
Contact Kerry Doherty
Phone: (07) 868 6433

Vitalise is YOUR Information Centre!

Find all you need at